How to Get Thousands of People to Your Website
Photo by James Cridland
If I could show you how to get thousands of visitors to your website for free, would you be interested? In this newsletter I’m going to show you how to do exactly that.
The “secrets” to getting organic traffic truly are secrets. Google® spends a ton of money each year making sure that no one figures out exactly how they determine their search engine results. One thing I can say with 100% certainty is that their algorithm is very complicated. Here’s what they say on their site:
“Traditional search engines rely heavily on how often a word appears on a web page. We use more than 200 signals, including our patented PageRank™ algorithm, to examine the entire link structure of the web and determine which pages are most important. We then conduct hypertext-matching analysis to determine which pages are relevant to the specific search being conducted. By combining overall importance and query-specific relevance, we’re able to put the most relevant and reliable results first.”
Sorry, I didn’t mean to punish you by making you read that, but I wanted you to understand that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very complex and time-consuming process. However, if you’re willing to invest the time necessary it may result in huge profits for you and your company.
I’m going to talk briefly about 10 fundamental parts of SEO that are crucial in driving organic traffic to your website.
- Domain Age – This is simply how long your domain (web address) has been an active domain.
- Page Rank – This is somewhat of a magical number that Google® assigns to sites. The higher the number (on a scale of 1 -10) the better for you and your website.
- Backlinks – This refers to the total number of other websites who link to any page within your website. Search engines think that if others are linking to your site, then you must be providing some valuable – and relevant – content.
- Backlinks “Credible Sources” – This would include other governmental or educational websites who link to you. If a university or municipality is linking to your website, you must have some good info, right?
- DMOZ® Directory Listing – This is a very large web directory. You can think of it as a huge reference library. A real person reviews each and every website that is submitted to them, and not every website submitted to them is accepted.
- Yahoo® Directory Listing – Yahoo® also maintains their own directory. To be listed in the Yahoo® Directory you’ll have to spend $299.00 each year for their listing fee.
- Keyword In Title – This is a section of code on your website that works similar to the title of a book. Your title tag should contain the keyword(s) for which you are trying to optimize your website.
- Keyword in Domain Name – If you’re searching online for “organic coffee” and there are two websites, www.coffeebeans.com and www.organiccoffee.com, and everything else is identical, search engines will rank the domain with the keyword “organic coffee” higher than the one without the keyword included in the domain name.
- Keyword in Description Tag – The description tag is a portion of website coding that summarizes what the specific web page is about. It’s important to have the keyword(s) listed in the description tag on your website.
- Domain Name in Header Tag (H1, H2, etc) – The most important header tag is the <H1> tag: its content should approximate the content in your document title and needs to contain the keyword(s) for which you are optimizing.
Most SEO “experts” agree that these are the most important areas on which you should focus while trying to optimize your website. It’s best to start with just one area and work on it until you have it optimized, and then move on to the next section. It’s not a “get traffic quick” strategy, but as you know the tortoise eventually beats the hare.
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)