The Only Three Ways To Succeed In Business…
And How to Waste 5 Minutes of Your Life
Yes, it’s true. There are really only three ways to succeed in any business. It doesn’t matter if you sell clothes, cameras, or photo sessions; if you aren’t doing at least one of these three things – you won’t be successful.
Okay, I won’t keep you in suspense any longer… here are the ONLY three ways you can succeed in business:
- Get More Customers
- Get Them To Buy More
- Get Them To Buy Over A Longer Period Of Time
1. Get More Customers – Makes sense, right? Come on, no one would ever expect to have a successful business without getting more customers – would they?
I’ve yet to meet a business owner who believes they will be successful without getting more customers. However, if you ask these same business owners how they plan on getting more customers, they don’t have a clue.
You can view here to learn how to have a detailed plan. You have a detailed plan (maybe even a marketing plan) outlining exactly how you’ll get more customers – don’t you? It doesn’t hurt to occasionally remind yourself how you plan to get more customers.
Here are a few ideas:
Direct Mail Newspaper Cold Call
Newsletters Magazines Ask for Referrals
Radio Knock on Doors Publicity
Website Speaking Trade Shows
2. Get Them To Buy More – Less than 10% of businesses have a detailed plan outlining how they will get customers to buy more.
How do you get your customers to buy more? What’s your strategy? Here are a few ideas that work:
Up Selling – move clients to a more expensive model/service.
Cross Selling – move clients to a completely different, more expensive solution.
Package Deals – group several of your complementary products/services into packages.
Always Make Offers – make an offer each time you communicate with clients.
Loyalty Rewards – reward clients for repeat business.
Ask – ask them to buy more.
3. Get Them To Buy Over A Longer Period of Time – This boils down to repeat business. You’ve got to get your current clients to purchase from you more often – and over a longer period of time.
The goal is to dramatically increase the lifetime value of each client. Here are a few ideas:
Be Relational – Shift your business from transactional to relational. Show clients that you value their relationship. Concepts like Choosing the Best Payment Processor for Your Restaurant may be able to build some trust between you and your customers.
Become a Partner – Position yourself as a partner – not as someone trying to “SELL” them.
Build a Fence – Your clients are a lot like cattle in your pasture. You need to spend time building a fence around your pasture. This will prevent your cattle from wandering into other ranchers’ pastures and help prevent poachers from stealing your cattle.
Stay in Contact – This is the most important part of fence building. You must consistently contact your clients. Each contact should be about helping them solve their problems and about meeting their needs.
Did You Waste Five Minutes?
So, you just spent 5 minutes reading this. Did you waste your time? If you’re like most, you just wasted 5 minutes of your life.
Most people will put this newsletter down and continue operating their business without giving this information a second thought. It’s easy to do. It doesn’t require change. And you never have to leave your comfort zone.
However, if you’re serious about succeeding, not just scraping by, then you’ll step out of your comfort zone. You’ll take action!
Let me ask – what are you going to do about what you just read?
Two choices are on the table:
- Continue on the same path.
- Take action. Put a plan in place. Follow the plan. Succeed!
P.S. – Need help with your plan? That’s what we’re here for. We have room for one new marketing client. Is it you?
If you’re ready to grow more in the next 12 months than you did in the last 5 years, we may be able to work together.
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)