How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years
Would you be interested in doubling both your revenues, and profits at your business in only 3 years?
Sure, who wouldn’t, right?
That’s exactly what Cameron Herold wants to help you do. Not only does Cameron want to help you double your business, but he has a proven track record of making it happen. Here’s proof:
- While Cameron was COO at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? the company ranked as #2 Best Employer To Work For in all of Canada and were twice ranked the #1 Employer in BC.
- In 2008 he taught two Entrepreneurial Master’s Programs at MIT in Boston.
- He’s handled PR for his companies since 1986 and most recently built and led a team that landed over 5,000 stories in just 6 years.
- As COO, Cameron helped grow a company from $2 million to $105 million in six years with no debt and no outside shareholders.
- Opened up the Pacific Northwest for College Pro Painters.
- Helped build a company that sold for $64 Million.
And now through his new book, Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less, he’ll teach you how you can double your business.
I read his book and was impressed by his non-traditional approach to business growth and thought you could benefit from his insights. Cameron graciously agreed to answer a few questions to help you on your journey of business growth. (I was shocked by his view on the importance of marketing, but completely understand his perspective. See his answer below):
Q: Out of all the strategies, tactics and techniques a business could or should do to grow their business, you start your book with visioning… why?
A: Simple – begin with the end in mind. If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there. A clearly painted picture also really helps align a team.
Q: Okay, I’m convinced that my company needs a vision or painted picture, so how do we create one?
A: I outline this in detail in my book, and on my DVDs, but in brief:
- Lean into the future
- Pretend you go three years out from now – describe everything you see related to your business.
- Don’t worry about how you got there – just describe what you see.
Q: Once we have our vision/painted picture, now what should we do?
A: Start building an A Team with of people who can help you build the future vision. Hire people who are an awesome cultural fit and who have the proven skills to help you make it happen.
Q: At what point should a business start worrying about building their “culture”?
A: From day one. Culture eats strategy for breakfast. Great cultural fit, A players will easily be able to help you make the vision a reality.
Q: Why should entrepreneurs care about their employees’ personal goals?
A: Gen Y especially needs that – we employers are essentially taking over from their parents. If you care about their personal goals, they’ll go through brick walls for you to make your vision happen.
Q: You mention that entrepreneurs should share their financials with their employees. But why? I don’t want my employee(s) to know how much I make.
A: Without clear goals, and clear boundaries, employees can’t make the same aligned decisions that the owner will. All employees think you’re making a lot more money than you are anyway.
Q: How important is marketing to doubling your profits and revenues in only 3 years?
A: Culture & People & Focus are easily more important than marketing.
Q: I have a small business and not a lot of money to spend on marketing. What should I do?
A: Drive PR outreach and social media outreach using Twitter & Facebook. Push to get the local media to write about you; they are always looking for great stories to cover – tell them yours.
Q: What’s your number one marketing secret?
A: Focus – pure and simple. Focused efforts, not more marketing dollars, is what will get you the best ROI on your marketing spend. Pick key areas, key verticals, and key customers to focus on – don’t get distracted.
If you’re looking for key insights and strategies to help grow your business, you should grab a copy of Cameron’s book Double Double.
Win a Copy of Double Double
Entering the giveaway is simple and takes only 30 seconds. Register by connecting to the giveaway widget below using Facebook. For each step you complete, you’ll earn a giveaway entry:
1. Like this blog post by clicking on the Facebook Like button (+1 entry).
2. Become a fan of Ugly Mug Marketing on Facebook (+1 entry).
3. Leave a comment telling me what action you’ll take from Cameron’s advice. (+1 entry).
4. Tweet about the giveaway (+1 entry).
5. Unlimited bonus entries by pasting your invite link everywhere you can. For example:
– For every friend who clicks the invite link you Tweeted in step 4, you’ll earn +1 entries.
– For every friend who then joins the giveaway, you’ll earn +5 entries.
Giveaway ends July 15, 2011 at noon CST. Open to residents of North America.
Things to Tweet
Questions and answers for doubling your profit and revenue in three years of less – Click to Tweet
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)