What You Don’t Know About Facebook
Posted by Wayne in Marketing, Social Media
It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million users. It took TV 13 years, the internet four years, and iPod just three years.
Facebook added 100 million users in just nine months…
What’s the deal? How is Facebook growing so quickly?
Facebook is built on the idea that people like to be connected and share experiences with those they care about.
The fastest growing segment of Facebook is women ages 55-65.
If Facebook were a country, it would have the third largest population behind only China and India.
One out of every twelve people in the world has a Facebook account.
One out of every four people in America has a Facebook account.
Facebook is currently growing at a rate of about 700,000 people a day.
Facebook hosts over 15 billion photos on its site, and people upload 100 million more every day.
What happens every 60 seconds of the day on Facebook?
Every 60 seconds there are:
- 510,404 Comments
- 382,861 Posts liked
- 231,605 Messages sent
- 135,849 Photos added
- 98,604 Friendships approved
- 82,557 Status Updates
- 79,364 Wall posts
- 74,204 Event invites received
- 72,816 Pages liked
- 66,168 Photos tagged
Still not convinced that Facebook can be a valuable marketing tool
for your business? Don’t worry, neither am I.
Sure, LOTS of people are using Facebook these days, but does that mean that it can help you grow your business? After not using Facebook for over a year, I’ll be the first to admit that Facebook won’t benefit every business. But my reason may not be what you think it is…
The truth is…
Facebook is only a tool.
And like any other tool, it must be used if it’s going to work for you. The more efficient you become at using the tool, the more value the tool will bring to your business.
This is a problem for most business owners. Not very many business owners have the time and discipline to learn how to effectively use Facebook to grow their businesses.
This means, as a business owner you are left with three choices:
- learn how to utilize the tool and reap the benefits
- utilize the tool poorly and don’t reap the benefits
- completely ignore the tool and expect zero benefits.
Win Three Months of Social Media Marketing
We are giving away a three month social media marketing campaign to one randomly selected person. There are two simple ways to enter (Winner will be announced on March 1, 2011):
- “Like Us” on Facebook
- Leave a comment on on this post.
Our panel of “Ugly” judges will randomly select one winner.
*Facebook information from Facebook.com and December 27, 2010 issue of Time Magazine
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)
One thought on “What You Don’t Know About Facebook”