Before Having a Website Built, You Must…
Want a website? Or maybe your website isn’t working too well for you? Here are a few strategies that will help you make the most of your website.
How will we use our website to benefit our company?
It’s important to understand that your website is a tool, not a “winning lottery ticket.” Just because you build a website doesn’t mean it is going to magically help your business grow.
A website is merely a tool. It’s a tool that must be worked if it’s truly going to benefit your business. Don’t worry – we’re here to help teach you how to get the maximum benefit out of your new tool.
What does a website really do?
A website can have several purposes, but your website should only try to accomplish two things.
- Turn a stranger into a friend, and a friend into a client.
- Talk in a tone that persuades people to believe the story you are telling.
If you are trying to accomplish more than this with your website, you may be dreaming impossible dreams.
How can we use our website to differentiate ourselves from our competitors?
If you’re looking to just have your website serve as an online brochure, that’s fine, but don’t expect it to have much of a positive impact on your business. You need to start thinking about the ways you can use your website to differentiate your business from all the other businesses “just like yours.” Consider hiring a freelance seo glasgow to help you work through this.
Do we really need a “flashy” website?
If your goal is to entertain visitors, then a flashy website may be fine. However, if you’re trying to use your website as a tool that will help build your business, then a flashy website is not what you’re looking for. Instead your focus should be on how to convert your website visitors from strangers to friends, and then from friends to paying clients.
Who is the website really for?
Although you’re the one writing the check to have your website built, it’s not really for you. Your website is being built for the people who will be using the site. So it’s vital to consider what your prospects and clients want and need from your website.
What will help our website be more effective?
There are three questions you should ask about each page on your website:
- Who’s here?
- What do I want them to do next?
- What story can I tell them that will persuade them to take the next step?
What happens when someone comes to our website?
There are actually four things that can happen:
- They click and go somewhere else you want them to go.
- They give you permission to follow up with them.
- They purchase or commit to purchase.
- They tell others.
How can our website be used to automate our sales process?
A properly structured website can be used as a tool to help automate your sales process. Your website can be used to help filter true prospects out of a list of suspects. It can also be used to help build relationships with prospects and existing clients.
How can we get traffic to our website?
Just because you build a website doesn’t mean people are going to flock to it. Actually, there are only three ways to get traffic to your website:
- Word of Mouth. Tell all your friends, family, and clients to visit your website.
- Paid Traffic. Get traffic by paying others to promote your website for you.
- Organic Traffic. This is where SEO (Search Engine Optimization) comes into the picture. Lean more about SEO by going here.
Who is going to be responsible for learning how to use our website as an effective tool?
It’s a good idea to designate one person in your organization to learn how to use your new tool. If the tool isn’t used, you can’t expect to get any results.
If you’re ready to learn more about how a properly built website can help grow your business, fill out our Contact Form. We’ll review your information and get back in touch with you shortly.
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)
One thought on “Before Having a Website Built, You Must…”