What Entrepreneurs Are Afraid Of!
I believe entrepreneurs are afraid of shipping…
To help explain what I mean by the term shipping, here’s what Seth Godin says on page 103 of his book Linchpin:
“The only purpose of starting is to finish, and while the projects we do are never really finished, they must ship. Shipping means hitting the publish button on your blog, showing a presentation to the sales team, answering the phone, selling the muffins, sending out your references.”
For me, there are 3 problems I encounter when I ship something:
- Fear – I’m afraid every time I push the publish button on this blog. I’m far from being considered a good writer – my mind wanders too much, I make too many typos, I’m not good at organizing my thoughts, etc, etc, etc. I’m afraid of what you’ll think.
- Excuses – I can always find other things to do. Things that “appear” to be more important. I justify not finishing what I started.
- Unnoticed – I want my work to be noticed. I want to make a difference. My “lizard” brain tells me not to ship something until I know it will make a difference.
Shipping is difficult, but required if you want to be make a difference – to be a linchpin.
What do you want to “ship”? What is preventing you from shipping?
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)