The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Making the Most of Time
5 Quick Ways to Make the Most of Your Time
These five tips are from the amazing book, Managing Ourselves by Ari Weinzweig.
1- Understand time. There are three types of time:
- Cosmic Time – the natural cycle of the sun rising and setting.
- Historical Time – the unfolding of days and years marked by events we perceive as meaningful.
- Existential Time – visually represented by a dot. It refers to a specific event as it is experienced.
2- Devote Meaningful Time to Time
“One of the most effective ways I’ve learned to spend time on time is by engaging in reflection. Taking a few minutes to look back on what’s happened, to assess what your actions have attained, how they correlated with your intentions, and how you felt about the whole thing, can be a great help.” – pg 278- Managing Ourselves
If you’re feeling sick, it’s advisable to take some time off and take your prescribed medications, which might be purchased from sites like the Canadian Pharmacy, to replenish yourself.
3- Draft a Positive Vision of the Future
“When your relationship with time is as close to ideal as you can imagine, what will it look like? …How will you measure success? How will you feel about it yourself and about others you interact with around time? What are some stories that will tell you it’s working?” – pg 278 Managing Ourselves
4- Make the Most of Every Minute
“I don’t mean that you have to get a lot of financial return for what you do. All I’m advocating is that you get what you want from what you have. This isn’t about anyone’s judgment but your own. That might mean you’re playing video games, going fishing, getting an MBA, running for Congress, reading a good business book, reviewing minutes of the First International Anarchist Conference in Amsterdam (in 1907) as I recently did; or just ambling around aimlessly.” – pg 282 Managing Ourselves
5- Be Appreciative – Make Every Day a Holiday
“I try to wake up each morning like a kid on Christmas morning – excited to find out what gifts the world has given me.
With all this in mind, I work hard to actively appreciate everything: each of the great people I get to work with, the really wonderful customers who come to us every day, the kids who experience their birthday with us, the amazing foods we get to sell.” – pg 287 Managing Ourselves
10 Apps That Can Give You More Time
- Sooner is an easy to use app that allows you to quickly and easily manage your iOS calendar. It displays as a wheel that you pinch to make it fast and simple to visualize what tasks, appointments, etc. that need to be completed and then automatically updates in your device calendar.
- Mozy is a mobile business app that will Cloud back-up your data such as inventory, client information and documents. Access your files securely and read directly from your device share when needed.
- Wunderlist lets you keep your team organized and on time. Use this app to delegate tasks to employees, organize projects or send data. The app is complete with data protection and constant monitoring.
- Xero is an accounting application that saves time (and money) by letting you crunch the numbers accurately – any time and anywhere. Lightening fast accounting software also connects to your business banking account.
- Pocket prevents losing time from being distracted from the work in front of you by trying to answer messages that can wait. Non-essential email, Twitter, Flipboard and other communications can be saved in one place to be read later.
- Lucy Phone vastly reduces the time wasted waiting on hold, allowing time to take care of business. The app stores the number and places it on hold so you can hang up and do other tasks and will phone and connect you when a live representative answers the call you placed.
- ZOHO Campaigns is a fast way to market to customers and prospects through email. The app even saves the time it takes to design your campaign with designed templates that compliment all types of devices.
- The eFax iPad is an app that lets you receive or send fax documents from any tablet. This app sends a desktop document to a mobile device in no time.
- Note Taker HD is a tool that lets you take accurate notes in an instant. Its features include the ability to draw diagrams, doodle, make annotations and more.
- ZOHO Recruit is another great app from this company. It is an employee applicant tracking app that searches and collects resumes from applicants and categorizes according to your customized job openings. It also makes contact from the contact lists it creates.
Learn how to prioritize your tasks by “batching” to create momentum. The article explains the importance of setting up your time in advance to get things done.
Excellent advice on how to say no in a diplomatic way in business dealings. The author offers a list of options to decline to help that will free up your time with being offensive.
This article is a ‘shot in the arm’ which challenges and teaches you to put your energy to good use, especially when there are lots of things to do. It explains how you can complete multiple projects without getting overwhelmed
A surprisingly simple yet extremely powerful method to increase productivity and avoid wasting time that will help you achieve your business goals.
Effective strategies to meet your company objectives. Good information for entrepreneurs that don’t have a natural skill for managing time and those who struggle with productivity.
Practical steps how to change your prospective so that you get more things done efficiently and in less time. Several topics including removing guilt and frustration and maintaining focus.
Some of the latest and best tools and apps used today. A comprehensive list includes descriptions, links and input from actual users.
Start up businesses have special needs. This is a list of great productivity and other tools to build your company.
Comprehensive description and review of itinerary application. Information about a useful tool for the very busy entrepreneur who travels on business.
Tips on how to be a Productive Entrepreneur
Learn how to avoid common traps that reduce productivity. Article written exclusively for entrepreneurs who want to learn how to run their business smoothly.
Advice on taking an honest assessment of what is wasting your time, money and energy. Surprising insight into what may be sabotaging your business.
Poor health can have a direct impact on how you function. Several useful tips to keep you in tip top shape and run your business productively and profitably as intended.
When all is said and done, mismanagement of time is a death sentence for any business, as it literally drains the life out of the resources, financing and energy it takes for a company to remain viable. Take full advantage of the advice, ideas, tools, and experience of other entrepreneurs you find here. We hope our guide provides what you need to take control of and elevate the company you’ve worked so hard to conceptualize and build.
- Likes, Shares, & Comments WON'T Put Money In Your Bank Account.
- In Our Free Course: Crush It On Facebook In 30-Days Or Less
- You'll Discover: A Simple Facebook Strategy We Used To Take a Client From Losing $10k Each Month To Making Thousands...In Only 86 Days.
- The 3-Step Formula We Used To Increase Another Client's Sales By Over $9,000 per Month (and they're spending less than $400 per month on Facebook Ads)